- Don’t break the law! I don’t want my site being shut down because someone thought that posting a copy of a new hit movie on this site was a form of free art. I leave it up to you to figure out what’s legal for your jurisdiction, but primarily you need to keep things legal for my jurisdiction if you don’t want my site to experience legal problems. My jurisdiction is the City of Winchester, within the State of Virginia, within the United States.
- Speech is Free Speech isn’t free because we make it free. Speech is impossible to restrict. By joining, you agree to this.
- Porn is OK! Well, sort of. I have decided that it makes little sense to try and block “adult art” from a free art site, for a number of reasons. First of all, for all of you graphic artists, have you noticed just how many nudes are in art lesson books? Second, to try to separate adult art from other art is rather arbitrary. It’s a gateway restriction that leads to separating “hateful” art from “tolerant” art, “political” art from “social” art, and “commercial” art from “private” art, which are all distinctions that I do NOT want to make. Go back to the first rule; don’t post ILLEGAL porn!
- Mark the Porn! This is part of rule number one, and it’s a matter of common courtesy and decency. Use warning pages that let people know that they may be offended by what they see, hear, download, or read. Make it clear. Don’t hide warnings.
- Be Ready to Have your Feelings Hurt Please, be nice. But also, remember that there are people who can’t control themselves, and they’re going to be mean. They might take your “Snuggles the Snuggly Huggy Bear” story and turn it into “Snuggles Goes on a Crazy” story. They may do that.
- Don’t Defraud Lying about having produced something is a type of fraud. If you upload a cartoon called The Sbimpsons, with the balding power plant worker called “Bomer Spimpson”, and you say you produced it entirely yourself, then chances are that you’ve committed a form of fraud. However, if you take The Mana World and write a book series chronicling your own character’s journeys, then that is most likely completely legitimate. Lying to take credit for yourself or to defame someone else is fraudulent, and that may have serious legal consequences.
The MIT License (MIT)
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal
in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights
to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in
all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.